Rethreaded is seeking a motivated, compassionate and experienced clinician. The Contract Clinician will serve our staff primarily through one on one counseling and therapeutic group leadership. The individual will work closely with all members of the Survivor Development Program team.
At Rethreaded, there are various needs for each survivor employee, therefore, the Contract Clinician needs to be an excellent listener and able to connect with individuals easily and both build and maintain relationships. This position requires high levels of empathy, genuineness, and the ability to bring harmony and peace into chaotic situations. This position will provide the chance to truly see lives changed by empowering and developing survivor employees and walking alongside them through various day to day challenges.
Rethreaded is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and social enterprise based in Jacksonville, FL dedicated to breaking the cycle of the sex trade with business by offering viable and life-giving work to survivors of human trafficking on a global and local level. Rethreaded designs, manufactures and sells its own brand of high-quality upcycled consumer products as well as resales like-minded company’s products. Rethreaded currently directly employs 15 Survivors locally and is supporting over 4000 Survivors worldwide through our sales efforts.
- You are a passionate, professional clinician with experience in therapeutic services for survivors of sexual exploitation.
- You are fully versed in trauma-informed practices and have the ability to train others in trauma-informed care.
- You are comfortable and experienced in various modalities of care and can adapt and implement fluidly as the needs of those you serve change.
- You are organized and see documentation as a valuable tool.
- You love leading therapeutic group sessions and can transition seamlessly into one on one work.
- You have the capacity and passion for one on one counseling.
- You are ready, willing, and able to work within a fast-paced, healing-centered workplace that provides both employment, professional development, and therapeutic services.
- You are comfortable working with teams.
- You embrace and navigate diversity well.
- You are an LCSW or LMHC and are licensed to practice in the state of Florida.
- Completing needs assessments to ensure survivors receive a comprehensive, trauma-informed, culturally competent care management plan that meets the individual needs of the survivor.
- Regularly meet with survivor staff to ensure they are on pace to accomplish their goals according to their care plan.
- Serve as the intermediary and work in partnership with Clinicians, Holistic Services Administrators, and other staff to provide direct services based on the needs identified in the survivor employee’s individual needs assessment.
- Assist with referrals and coordinate with other community agencies as needed to meet the needs of the survivor employees.
- Provide wise counsel to survivors in crisis to reduce/ eliminate poor decisions resulting from impulsivity.
- Accompany survivor employees to court hearings, transitional living meetings, medical appointments, and other meetings as needed.
- Conduct basic research, work with databases and do data entry.
- Ensure all survivor employees have and are actively engaged with the support systems that are needed (sponsors, mentors, groups, meetings, etc.)
- Lead and support survivors through specific training as directed.
- Meet with the Survivor Development Program team as needed to staff difficult cases.
- Complete documentation as required by funding entities, courts, and referral sources.
- Protect the integrity of Rethreaded by maintaining professionalism and character at all times.
- Be able to provide one hour, once per week individual counseling sessions for a minimum of three Survivor employees.
- Facilitate 1 hour psycho-educational groups on scheduled weeks for all survivor staff. This may require repeating the same group multiple times.
- Conduct pre-screen phone calls for interested Survivor Development Program applicants at the direction of the Holistic Services Administrator.
- Conduct Survivor Development Program qualification interviews at the direction of the Holistic Services Administrator. Provide recommendations to the Rethreaded hiring team.
- Create exit and re-entry plans as needed with survivor employees who relapse or leave.
- Maintain Licensed Mental Health Counselor credential.
- Train staff, board members, and key volunteers on trauma-informed practices as requested by the Holistic Services Administrator.
- Attend Rethreaded professional development training sessions when requested to provide therapeutic support.
- Independent contractor
- Reports to Holistic Services Administrator and works closely with all staff
- Preference will be given to applicants that identify as a survivor of human trafficking
- Able to read, hand-write, and type in English
- Able to hear and understand, and clearly speak English in person and/or over the phone
- Able to sit or stand for up to 6 hours at a time
- Able to safely drive night and day, and in any weather condition, and has a driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be legally able to access jail, court, schools, etc.
Please send resume and cover letter email@example.com.