We love to invite our community to engage with us and get involved by volunteering. Volunteering is a great way for your team to positively impact those in need, establish meaningful relationships, and create a culture of positive change. Knowing your team is helping women who are rebuilding their lives and gaining real world skills, is an incredible feeling. The work your team does goes far beyond cutting t-shirts and deconstructing leather. It gives a woman a safe place to see that there are people and businesses advocating for her freedom.
We’re firm believers that when you do good, you feel good. That’s why we took a step back and looked for ways to make a bigger impact with our volunteer groups. This is how we crafted the Reclaiming The Light Volunteer Experience.
But, before we introduce our Reclaiming The Light Volunteer Experience, we encourage you or your company to first take the First Lady Molly Curry Training Challenge. First Lady Molly Curry is challenging every person and business in Jacksonville to take the pledge to train 100% of their employees on how to spot and report suspected human trafficking safely and effectively.
During this interactive volunteer experience, your team will get an exclusive tour of the First Lady Molly Curry Educational Art Legacy Project followed by a 20-minute training before you sit down with a human trafficking expert to facilitate discussion during your volunteering time. By volunteering, your team will be able to understand the work that goes into what we do to help human trafficking survivors in our community. 100% of Rethreaded’s women were trafficked in Northeast Florida and Jacksonville and volunteering with your team will educate and empower them to help the women who are paving the way for future survivors. Our job as advocates is to support women so they have the opportunity to choose a new life for themselves.When you volunteer, not only do you make an impact on your community, but it truly brings fulfillment to your employees and company. The work you do transforms survivors’ lives and we hope it transforms yours along the way. Your staff will have a once in a lifetime experience from this volunteering program and they will feel educated and empowered to help survivors of human trafficking. It is another step closer to building a better world for survivors, mothers, daughters, sisters, friends, and more.
HC Brands’ Experience Volunteering
After listening to our on-site resources and presentations, HC Brands employees went into the volunteer event with a better understanding of our cause. They spent the rest of the afternoon dismantling the retired airline seat covers donated by Southwest Airlines®.
The HC Brands staff helped our team separate the seats by their backs, bottoms, and headrests. By using a seam ripper tool, they were able to carefully cut around the seat and preserve as much leather as possible.
“Volunteering with Rethreaded was a great way for our team to learn more about the plight of victims of human trafficking and actively support the recovery of survivors. Working hands-on with recycled materials as a team and preparing them to be converted into products that will fund the effort was a moving experience. We left the Rethreaded campus feeling inspired, empowered, and motivated to make a difference in our community.” (Dave Markle, Chief Marketing Officer at HC Brands)
“Getting the chance to make a positive impact at Rethreaded was a fulfilling experience for the entire HC Brands team. Not only did we see firsthand how Rethreaded provides new beginnings for so many women, but we connected with another small local business. By communicating and problem-solving to complete the tasks at hand, we were able to strengthen our internal relationships as well.” (Sonia Postema, Chief of People Operations at HC Brands)
If you or your business would like to sign up for the Reclaiming the Light Volunteer Experience you can sign up here. For group volunteering opportunities please email email@example.com.
Ways You Can Support Rethreaded
If you’d like to make an immediate impact within our organization outside of volunteering, here’s five things you can do today to renew hope, reignite dreams, and release potential for survivors of human trafficking.
1. Make A Purchase Through Rethreaded: Each purchase from Rethreaded directly impacts the life of a survivor and helps them gain skills, get job training, and goes directly towards their salary. All of our products are hand made by survivors.
2. Corporate Gifting: Gifts of Hope are perfect gift boxes for clients, customers, employees, speakers, conference gifts, etc. Shop some classic box combinations or create your own! Customize colors, add logos, initials, and a personalized message to your gift.
3. Donate: All donations go to providing access to counseling, mental health therapies, and wrap-around care management services for survivors of human trafficking. No matter what your donation amount, know that you are leveraging your resources to make our community and the world a better and more healing place for survivors.
4. Become an Event Sponsor or Host: Many of our connections are made and much of our sales are created through the events we have, externally and internally. Sponsor a Rethreaded event and get marketing recognition and the social ROI for using your business for good; Or, host an event in our warehouse! We also bring pop-up shops and speak live with certain criteria. If you would like to become an event sponsor or host an event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Join A Giving Circle: Our giving circles are volunteer-led groups founded by Rethreaded donors and supporters. We have two volunteer led group, the Circle of Sisters and the Band of Brothers