Rethreaded is seeking a highly motivated, strategic, and organized Director of Development. The Director of Development will manage all donor relations for Rethreaded.
At Rethreaded, there are five career tracks that our survivor employees can choose, including development and sales. Not only does the Director of Development need to be an expert in growing donations and developing and executing donor strategy, this position also requires excellent management skills to train and mentor our survivor employees in the development track. This position will have a chance to truly see lives be changed by empowering and developing survivor employees, not only directly through the management of employees but also by helping Rethreaded grow and help more women. Rethreaded needs a Director of Development who deeply believes in our mission and will help further carry out the mission of restoring choice, eliminating vulnerabilities to exploitation, and breaking the generational cycle of trauma.
Rethreaded is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and social enterprise based in Jacksonville, FL . Rethreaded designs, manufactures and sells its own brand of award-winning toffee and high-quality upcycled consumer products as well as resales like-minded company’s products. Rethreaded currently directly employs 16 Survivors locally and is supporting over 4000 Survivors worldwide through our sales efforts.
● You have a minimum 5 years of business / fundraising development or business to business sales experience with at least 2 years of experience in managing a sales/ development team.
● You are organized, you have administrative tools and you know how to use them.
● You are an excellent communicator, whether it’s in person, over the phone, or via email and you know the lost art of the handwritten note.
● You know how to not only make a to-do list, but prioritize it effectively. You are a master delegator and you know how to leverage your team’s strengths for success.
● You know how to set lofty goals, and you know how to tenaciously achieve them.
● You know how to execute and are a person of action. You know that theories and ideas are great, but they don’t matter if they don’t get done.
● You are always a professional, but you know how to have fun, laugh often and be open and approachable for your team.
● You have superb listening and problem-solving skills.
● You love meeting new people, and being the life of the party really recharges your spirit.
● You know how to use all the Microsoft Office Tools in the world.
● You are proficient with Customer Relationship Management software (Hubspot)..
● You aren’t going to wait for us to tell you what to do. You are intensely self-motivated and personally driven to achieve. You are able to work with or without direction.
● You don’t get flustered when you have to switch gears, you handle pressure with ease and can easily handle changing business priorities.
● Develop Strategic donations plan to achieve annual income budget in conjunction with the Strategic sales plan.
● Develop tactical donor plans and execute tactical sales and donor plans with sales and donations staff to achieve the sales and donations strategic plan.
● Manage and develop 1-3 direct reports, consisting of donor relations staff and events staff.
● Manage affinity circle’s donor programs, strategies, goals, and events.
● Develop and manage a major gifts program.
● Manage and execute Mukti Gala.
● Manage ongoing and year-end giving campaigns using mail, email and phone.
● Manage the coordination of donor gatherings, fundraisers and special events.
● Develop and manage an engaging volunteer program with volunteer coordinator.
● Maintain accurate and detailed records of all donor, partner and volunteer interactions in the Customer Relationship Management database. Utilize relationship history to identify new sales/ donations opportunities for each lead.
● Seek referrals, engage in community and networking events to build/ expand pipeline.
● Meet clients and develop ongoing relationships that grow into long-term advocates.
● Identify how the customer/ donor wishes to be involved with Rethreaded and develop a personalized partnership solution.
● Execute Partnership solutions with all donors.
● Provide regular follow-up and continued engagement with all customers/ donors, including post-sale follow-up or donor acknowledgment.
● Respond to donor inquiries regarding contributions and giving history.
● Generate donor acknowledgements and thank you cards or letters within 48 hours of receipt of all gifts.
● Perform research and reporting on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors as needed.
● Create powerful and meaningful presentations and comfortable speaking in front of groups of 5 to 500.
● Host Rethreaded 101 luncheon to include all administrative duties before, during and after the event.
● Assist with outside sales events as needed.
● Plan and communicate marketing support needs with Marketing Team in a timely manner.
● Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual donations reports or additional data as requested to Executive Team.
● Must be able to travel to local, regional and national events as necessary including air travel and overnight travel.
● Full time
● Salaried, exempt position
● Partial benefits
● Reports to Directly to COO, works closely with marketing and Executive team.
● Preference will be given to applicants that identify as a survivor of human trafficking
● Able to read, hand-write and type in English
● Able to hear and understand, and clearly speak English in person and/or over the phone
● Able to regularly lift up to 30 lbs and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
● Able to sit or stand for up to 6 hours at a time
● Able to drive and has a driver’s license in good standing.
Please send resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rethreaded is a drug-free workplace. Pre-hire and random drug screens upon employment will be required. Refusal to submit to a drug screen will result in termination or retraction of any employment offer. Employees or applicants may contest a positive drug screen result to the medical review officer within 5 days of the notification of the positive drug screen result.