Rethreaded is seeking a creative, innovative and organized Kitchen Manager. The Kitchen Manager will be responsible for planning and managing the day-to-day operations of the Rethreaded kitchen production team as well as developing new products, and training team members in the latest kitchen operations and cooking techniques.
At Rethreaded, there are multiple career tracks that our survivor employees can choose, including food production. Not only does the Kitchen Manager need to be an expert in cooking and kitchen management, this position also requires excellent people management skills to train and mentor our survivor employees in the food production track. This position will have a chance to truly see lives be changed by empowering and developing survivor employees, not only directly through management of employees but also by helping Rethreaded grow and help more women. Rethreaded needs a Kitchen Manager who deeply believes in our mission and will help further carry out the mission of breaking the cycle of the sex trade.
Rethreaded is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and social enterprise based in Jacksonville, FL dedicated to breaking the cycle of the sex trade with business by offering viable and life-giving work to survivors of human trafficking on a global and local level. Rethreaded designs, manufactures and sells its own brand of high-quality upcycled consumer products as well as resales like-minded company’s products. Rethreaded currently directly employs 15 Survivors locally and is supporting over 4000 Survivors worldwide through our sales efforts.
- You have at least 5 years of team management experience, with at least 2 years industrial kitchen operations or food manufacturing experience.
- You have expert-level cooking and recipe creation, using various ingredients.
- You have a full understanding of kitchen management, maintenance, cleaning, and code adherence.
- You enjoy following and getting ahead of current trends and love trying new things but you understand the necessity for consistency in production standards and offerings.
- You are good at growing and developing individuals and sharing your expertise. You will commit yourself to get each kitchen staff member to perform at expert-level.
- You are very detail-oriented and can provide explicit direction and training to the food production team.
- You have a clear understanding of the capabilities of your team and can plan production based on their capacity and business needs.
- You have a passion for social responsibility in sourcing and are proficient in sourcing raw materials.
- You have an unyielding commitment to quality and can sensitively coach up staff when needed.
- You are steady under deadline pressure, highly organized with strong time-management skills.
- You have a functional operational ability in basic computer office applications.
- You have your Food Safety Management Certification
- Regularly cook and produce finished food products using commercial and industrial kitchen equipment and machines.
- Work with chefs and/or create designs for new or improved product offerings.
- Prepare recipes and written instructions for current/ new food products, including costing of all new finished products.
- Track and manage raw materials inventories to ensure supplies are in-house when needed.
- Source raw materials/ ingredients, including annual cost research to ensure best pricing/ quality.
- Train all staff members in their respective production roles, including daily management, coaching, and development.
- Annually/ quarterly analyze sales and plan production to achieve sales plans.
- Weekly, schedule production team to ensure production levels are achieved.
- Daily quality control inspection of products prior to delivery of orders.
- Input daily production orders for shipment/ receipt into the Rethreaded inventory system.
- Manage, lead, encourage, develop and motivate the entire production team to create an environment of continual improvement and high energy and motivation.
- Meet or exceed all production goals to ensure products are in stock in a timely manner to minimize/ eliminate unplanned out-of-stocks.
- Full time
- Salaried, exempt position
- Partial benefits
- Reports to Chief Operating Officer
- Preference will be given to applicants that identify as a survivor of human trafficking
- Able to read, hand-write and type in English
- Able to hear and understand, and clearly speak English in person and/or over the phone
- Able to safely operate industrial kitchen machinery, including ovens, stovetops, cutting equipment, etc.
- Able to regularly lift up to 30 lbs and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to sit or stand for up to 6 hours at a time
- Able to drive and has a driver’s license in good standing.
For other inquiries on this position, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rethreaded is a drug-free workplace. Pre-hire and random drug screens upon employment will be required. Refusal to submit to a drug screen will result in termination or retraction of any employment offer. Employees or applicants may contest a positive drug screen result to the medical review officer within 5 days of the notification of the positive drug screen result.