Rethreaded is seeking a highly detail-oriented and organized Warehouse Manager. The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the warehouse operations, building, and property management, including all inventory control, shipping and receiving of products and raw materials for the organization. They will be responsible for managing a team of up to 10 staff members.
At Rethreaded, there are five career tracks that our survivor employees can choose, including the operations track. Not only does the Warehouse Manager need to be able to manage all aspects of warehouse operations, this position also requires excellent management skills to train and mentor our survivor employees in the operations track. This position will have a chance to truly see lives be changed by empowering and developing survivor employees, not only directly through management of employees but also by helping Rethreaded grow and help more women. Rethreaded needs a Warehouse Manager who deeply believes in our mission and will help further carry out the mission of breaking the cycle of the sex trade.
Rethreaded is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and social enterprise based in Jacksonville, FL dedicated to breaking the cycle of the sex trade with business by offering viable and life-giving work to survivors of human trafficking on a global and local level. Rethreaded designs, manufactures, and sells its own brand of high-quality upcycled consumer products as well as resales like-minded company’s products. Rethreaded currently directly employs 11 Survivors locally and is supporting over 4000 Survivors worldwide through our sales efforts.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and take pride in the accuracy and quality of your work.
- You understand the importance of deadlines and refuse to miss any deadline for any reason.
- You have lots of energy and enjoy work that is physically demanding.
- You get in the trenches with your team to get the job done.
- You thrive working in a supporting role, but don’t mind getting in the spotlight on occasion.
- You have a servant’s heart and recognize that your work is critical to the success of every other person in the organization.
- You excel in counting, sorting, and organizing things.
- You have excellent computer skills, including shipping systems, inventory systems, G-suite, or Office suite tools.
- You take pride in excellence and recognize that operational tasks are done well support the overall mission of the organization and serve the customer in the best way possible.
- You aren’t afraid to get dirty or sweaty.
- You aren’t afraid of heights, and you may not like bugs, but you don’t mind working near them.
- You don’t mind working inside or outside and can handle a warehouse in the summer in Jacksonville.
- You have a basic knowledge of simple maintenance and repairs and don’t mind turning a wrench.
- You enjoy managing a team, making them feel part of something greater, and can motivate, encourage, and build others.
- Carefully plan and schedule workload for staff each week to ensure all deadlines are achieved.
- Accurately pack and check-in event kits.
- Manage event electronics to ensure each kit has the appropriate equipment and all equipment is properly charged and ready to operate.
- Accurately and beautifully pack E-commerce and Corporate orders and ship within 24 hours for Ecom and by the due date for Corporate orders.
- Receive, tag, and ticket new merchandise and correctly stock in the warehouse and on the sales floor within 24 hours of receipt.
- Track, order and maintain warehouse, janitorial, and shipping supplies. Negotiate pricing on an annual basis to control expenses.
- Transport / pick up supplies/ off-site materials as needed.
- Organize and maintain an orderly stockroom for all raw materials and finished goods.
- Manage warehouse inventory so that the materials are ready for use at any given time and easily retrievable upon need.
- Manage warehouse team to sort and inventory t-shirts; break down, clean, and inventory leather; and clean and inventory billboard materials.
- Work with volunteer teams in breaking down leather, sorting t-shirts or other volunteer support events on the property
- Manage building and property maintenance team and assist in building maintenance with the maintenance staff as necessary.
- Manage building upkeep and repair through on-site team and contractors. Maintain a service provider list, develop relationships, and negotiate pricing as necessary. Ensure repairs are executed in a timely manner to reduce business interruption.
- Seek and identify cost/ efficiency saving opportunities in purchasing, shipping, building usage costs. Work with COO to implement cost-saving strategies.
- Assist in set-up and tear-down for all warehouse events.
- Participate in the warehouse and offsite sales events as required.
- Execute annual physical inventory.
- Research, design, plan and execute job-specific training programs in coordination with Training and Development team.
- Execute daily, monthly, and annual performance coaching and appraisals to ensure continued growth for team members.
- Research and stay abreast of the latest building management techniques. Manage recycling, chemical controls, chemical disposal, etc. according to legal, EPA, and the latest green processes.
- Full Time, 40+ hours per week
- Salaried, exempt position
- Partial benefits
- Reports to Chief Operating Officer
- Preference will be given to applicants that identify as a survivor of human trafficking
- Able to read, hand-write, and type in English.
- Able to hear and understand, and clearly speak English in person and/or over the phone.
- Able to read, understand and follow all safety instructions.
- Able to safely operate and move industrial warehouse equipment, including forklifts (forklift certification is a plus).
- Able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Able to sit or stand for up to 6 hours at a time.
- Able to climb, stoop, kneel, reach and bend over constantly to complete work.
- Able to drive and has a driver’s license in good standing.
Rethreaded is a drug-free workplace. Pre-hire and random drug screens upon employment will be required. Refusal to submit to a drug screen will result in termination or retraction of any employment offer. Employees or applicants may contest a positive drug screen result to the medical review officer within 5 days of the notification of the positive drug screen result.